Frequently Asked Questions
There are no prerequisites needed to attend Fundamentals, Externship, EFiT (Level 1), or EFFT (Level 1).
For participants new to EFT, we recommend Fundamentals of EFT precede any other course.
For EFFT (Level 2), EFFT (Level 1) must be completed first.
For EFiT (Level 2), EFiT (Level 1) must be completed first. Please note that while EFiT training offered on other sites provides a great introduction, those trainings do not replace an EFiT (Level 1).
ICEEFT Courses provides educational events for industry professionals & students.
Fundamentals of EFT welcomes ANYONE working in mental health to attend. You may be a first responder, work in healthcare, support students, or be involved in mental health in a different way.
EFT Externship, EFiT: Individual EFT, and EFFT: Family EFT share videos of real clients sessions, and accordingly require attendees to be:
- a mental health* professional who is a member of a professional organization with standards of practice, OR,
- a student enrolled in a course of study to become a mental health* professional.
- *includes: psychology, couple and family therapy, psychotherapy, counselling, psychiatry, social work, et al.
CEs (Continuing Education credits)
We work with two CE providers. If you wish to obtain CEs, please contact and pay the provider directly.
TRIEFT – Alliant International University (firstname.lastname@example.org) provides APA-approved CEs.
R Cassidy Seminars (contact form) provides NYSED-approved CEs, as well as a few others (please peruse their CE language).
Please direct any questions about CEs directly to the provider.
2023 Courses: Feb – June
2023 Courses: Sept – Dec
Recommended & Required Reading
The following publications are recommended for all course categories: Externship, Fundamentals, EFiT, and EFFT:
- “Attachment Theory in Practice: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) with Individuals, Couples, and Families” by Dr. Susan M. Johnson, 2019.
- Save 25% thanks to Guilford Press with promo code ZFEFT. This publication is available in hardcover or eBook.
- “Becoming an Emotionally Focused Therapist: The Workbook (2nd Edition)” by James L. Furrow, Susan M. Johnson, Brent Bradley, Lorrie L. Brubacher, T. Leanne Campbell, Veronica Kallos-Lilly, Gail Palmer, Kathryn Rheem, Scott R. Woolley, 2022.
- This publication is available on Amazon in paperback or eBook.
The following publication is recommended for EFiT (Level 1). For EFiT (Level 2) participants must complete the exercises in this publication before or during training.
- “A Primer for Emotionally Focused Individual Therapy (EFIT): Cultivating Fitness and Growth in Every Client” by Susan M. Johnson and T. Leanne Campbell, 2022.
- Routledge offers 20% to registered attendees: find the discount code on the portal. This publication is available in paperback or eBook.
The following publication is required reading for EFFT:
- “Emotionally Focused Family Therapy: Restoring Connection and Promoting Resilience” by James L. Furrow, Gail Palmer, Susan M. Johnson, George Faller, Lisa Palmer-Olsen, 2019.
- This publication is available from Routledge in paperback or eBook.
Where do I find EFT training?
Are you seeking a virtual course? In-person training? Within or beyond North America? In English or another language? An Externship, ATIP, EFiT, EFFT, or something else?
For online events, in English, in a North American timezone, ICEEFT Courses is your provider of EFT Externship, Fundamentals of EFT, EFiT: Individual EFT, and EFFT: Family EFT.
For in-person training, other training categories (such as Core Skills), trainings in various languages, or beyond North America, please consult the Events tab on ICEEFT’s website.
None of our courses are recorded, they are all live-online.
Prerecorded events are the exception to this rule, and are clearly identified.
We accept: Visa, Visa debit, Mastercard, Mastercard debit, and PayPal.
Some of the information on this page has been copied from our Policies. We welcome you to review all our policies, including those concerning Refunds, Cancellation, Changes to Trainer(s), prior to completing your purchase.
If you'd like to stay connected please