The official Externship manual
Included in your ticket price is one licensed copy of this manual, copyright Dr Sue Johnson. You may download and/or print a copy for your personal use; please note that your trainers may be using their own slides for your event.
~ ~ ~
Video Excerpts from Dr Sue Johnson’s 2019 Live Externship
Question: working with trauma ~7min
All people are essentially incompatible ~2min
Emotional balance <1min
Cognitive implications of secure attachment connection ~1min
Deprivation and the power of attachment needs ~1min
The Perils of Botox ~1min
“Catch the Bullet” Interactions – Containing Negative Messages ~8min
Introduction to the Dance of Distress & Disconnection ~19min
Therapeutic Alliance ~4min
Q&A: How do you work with trauma in EFT? ~14min
Introduction to “Affect Assembly” ~14min
“Affect Assembly” Exercise ~14min
“Affect Assembly” Video Example ~19min
Dr Sue Johnson conducting a live consult ~ over 1hr
Read more about EFT
The following are key articles and chapters on EFT:
- EFCT: Empiricism and Art: Basic intro to EFT Johnson, S.M. & Brubacher, L. (2016). “Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy: Empiricism and Art”. In T. Sexton & J. Lebow (Eds.), Handbook of Family Therapy, pp. 326-348. New York: Brunner/Routledge.
- United We Stand: EFT and Trauma Greenman, P.S., & Johnson, S.M. (2012). “United we stand: Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT) for Couples in the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder.” Journal of Clinical Psychology: In Session, 68(5), 561-569.
- Study shows that EFT changes attachment security in distressed insecure couples Burgess-Moser, M., Johnson, S.M., Dalgleish, T., Lafontaine, M., Wiebe, S., & Tasca, G. (2015). “Changes in relationship-specific attachment in Emotionally Focused Couple Therapy.” Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 42(2), 231-245.
- Process of Change in EFT Greenman, P., & Johnson, S. (2013). “Process Research on EFT for Couples: Linking Theory to Practice.” Family Process, Special Issue: Couple Therapy, 52(1), 46-61.
- Deciphering the Language of Love “Deciphering the Language of Love” by Sue Johnson. Scientific American Mind, July 2017.
- Review of EFT Research Wiebe, S.A., & Johnson, S.M. (2016). “A Review of the Research in Emotionally Focused Therapy for Couples.” Family Process, 55(3), 390-407.
If you'd like to stay connected please